b. 1920, Madrid, Spain - d. 2014 Madrid, Spain
Born in Madrid in 1920. In 1938 he moved to Argentina. He had his first solo exhibit at the Witcomb Gallery in Buenos Aires in 1944.
He won a grant from Unesco to study museology in Europe and the United States between 1957 and 1958. In 1959 he held a solo exhibit at the OEA, Washington DC. In 1960 he received an award from the Guggenheim Museum in New York. He exhibited at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes with the Grupo de los Cinco. He partook in the Premio Nacional de Pintura del Instituto Torcuato Di Tella in 1960. In 1961 he was part of “Latin America: New Departures”.
He was included in the envoy to the VI Sao Paulo Biennial. He exhibited at the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes. He moved to New York in 1962, where he resided until 1970, when he moved to Europe with his wife Sarah Grilo. He was part of the inaugural exhibition at the Andrew-Morris Gallery in New York in 1962. He partook in other various exhibitions: Del arte concreto a la nueva tendencia (1963); Argentina en el mundo.Artes visuales 2 (1965), “4 Sculptors, 2 Painters” (1963); “Magnet: New York” (1964); “New Art of Argentina” (1964); two solo exhibits at the Bonino Gallery (1965 and 1967); “The Emergent Decade” (1966); “Latin American Paintings from the Salomon R. Guggenheim Museum” (1969); “Latin American Paintings and Drawings from the Collection of John and Barbara Duncan” (1970); “Looking South: Latin American in New York Collections” (1972). In 1980 he and his wife acquired a studio in Paris and alternated their stays between Paris and Madrid. In 1989, they moved permanently to Madrid, where he passed away in 2014.